WATCH: Hamas militants started firing rockets toward Israel just as the original cease-fire expired, and there’s no indication that Hamas has agreed to the Israel’s cease-fire extension. Paul Johnson reports.
- Hamas agrees to 24-hour truce ahead of Eid
- Israel agrees to extend Gaza cease-fire
- Israel agrees to extend a 12-hour cease-fire by four hours
- Israel’s Security Cabinet reportedly rejects Kerry’s seven-day cease-fire proposal, though Kerry claims no formal proposal was submitted
- Israel’s defence minister warns ground operation may be broadened “significantly”
- Scroll down to follow the latest updates in our live blog
GAZA, Gaza Strip – Hamas on Sunday agreed to observe a 24-hour truce in Gaza after initially rejecting a similar Israeli offer, as fighting resumed and the two sides wrangled over the terms of a lull that international diplomats had hoped could be expanded into a more sustainable truce.
After Israel announced a 24-hour truce late…
View original post 1,112 more words